New Features in Google My Business To Help Your Business Reach More Customers on Local Search
Google has added several new features to Google My Business this year including photo carousels, logos and welcome offers to help businesses reach more customers. For a local business, a complete and optimized Google My Business profile is essential to reach local customers and stand out in local search or SEO rankings.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free online business listing provided by Google. It allows you to enter information about your business and manage how your business information appears online on Google Search and Google Maps. It helps customers find your business when they perform an online search on Google.
You can fill out your Google My Business profile with your business name, location, hours, services, phone, website URL and business photos. Your Google My Business profile allows you to view and reply to customer reviews, post special events and view insights on how customers find your business. For more information, go to Google My Business
How Can A Google My Business Listing Help Your Business?
An optimized and up-to-date Google My Business profile can help your business
- improve local search or SEO (search engine optimization) rankings on Google search results so that it is easily found when customers search online.
- reach more customers through Google Search and Google Maps.
- connect with customers with calls, messaging, special offers, reviews, FAQ, and estimates.
- show what makes your business unique with photos, posts, special events and links to your website.
- stand out on Google Search and Google Maps with photos, logos and special offers.
How Important is Local Search or SEO?
For a local business, performing well in local search is important so that customers can find your business when they search online for products or services in their area.
3.5 billion searches are made on Google every day (Internet Live Stats).
Google is the largest search engine with the most online searches. Having an optimized Google My Business profile, as well as other factors such as online directory listings and SEO-optimization of your website will help you improve your local search (SEO) rankings on Google. It can also help you get listed in the local pack of businesses shown at the top of search results for a relevant search.
According to a Google Study on Local Search Behavior,
- 4 out of 5 customers use search engines to search for local information including store address, hours, directions and product availability.
- 50% of people who did a local search on a smartphone, and 34% of those who searched on a computer, visited a store in one day.
- 18% of local searches led to a purchase within 1 day.
Having a complete business listing on Google My Business is essential for your business to reach customers on Google Search and Maps.
New Google My Business Features You Should Use To Connect With Customers in 2019
Google announced they were adding several new features to Google My Business this year.
You should be using these features to fully optimize your Google My Business profile so that your business can rank well in the search results, stand out and be easily found when customers search online.
1. Reward New Followers with Welcome Offers
Google added Welcome Offers to Google My Business in June. You can now set up welcome offers to reward new followers who follow your business online. Most people searching online are looking for offers or discounts. By setting up welcome offers and offering specials and discounts, you can gain some loyal followers. Only new followers will see the welcome offers.
To set up a welcome offer, you have to use the Google My Business app.
- Go to the Google My Business App
- Select your business
- Select Profile in the bottom menu
- Select Overview in the top menu
- Select “Set up your welcome offer” and set up your offer with photos and descriptions.
An image of the screen to setup a welcome offer is shown below.